Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope the following statement will help you understand how the Linear Clinical Research Limited (Trials Linear) website collects, uses, and safeguards the personal information you provide on our website.
What we collect
When you browse the Linear website, you do so anonymously. We don’t collect personal information – including your e-mail address. Linear use a range of tools provided by third parties, such as Google Analytics, to collect or view website traffic information. These sites have their own privacy policies and Linear is not responsible for the privacy practices of other business – or the content of websites that may be linked to our website. Linear also uses session tools to improve your experience when accessing our websites. The information that may be collected when you visit our website may include:
The information that may be collected when you visit our website may include:
- your computer’s IP address;
- your top level domain name;
- the date and time of access to the site and duration;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- searches performed;
- the previous site visited; and
- type of browser and operating system used.
Your browser supplies us with this information. We do not link your IP address or any of the other information listed above to anything personally identifiable.
What we do with the information we gather
Linear uses this information to maintain, secure and improve our website and to enhance your experience when using it. In relation to Google Analytics you can opt out of the collection of this information using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
No attempt will be made to identify anonymous users or their browsing activities unless Linear is legally compelled to do so, such as in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s log files.
Like many other websites, the Linear website may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how you use the site.
The Linear website uses ‘cookies’ for maintaining contact with a user through a website session. A cookie is a small file supplied by us and stored by the web browser software on your computer when you access our site. Cookies allow us to recognise you as an individual as you move from one of our web pages to another. All cookies will be immediately lost when you end your internet session and shut down your computer.
Linear’s record of your information will be automatically deleted twenty minutes after you last use our website. This information is only used to help you navigate the Linear website systems more efficiently, not to track your movements through the internet, or to record personal information about you.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information that can identify you as an individual. Use of the Linear website does not require you to submit personal information. some activities, such as sending us an email, completing a form or survey, making a donation, or providing other comments or messages may include the voluntary submission of your personal information.
Use of Your Personal Information
Where Linear collects personal information from you by means of this website including, without limitation, the registration of your interest in participating in a clinical trial or, separately, uses that information to contact you in relation to a specific clinical trial in which you agree to participate, or a donation you wish to make, your registration or agreement will operate as a specific authority and
privacy waiver enabling us to share your information with third parties.
In addition, information may be collected from organisations wishing to engage Linear’s services in respect of research and clinical trial activities. Linear does not disclose the name and address or any other personal information of any donor or subscriber to any other organisation or body, nor does it share its database. While we do seek to recognise our donor’s support at times in Linear’s publications, we will always first ask the donor for their permission to do so. Details are strictly confidential and used only for the purposes set out above.
In addition to providing our services to you and carrying out your requests, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you for our business and as permitted by law.
Such purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- to provide you with information related to participating in a clinical trial;
- to match candidates with clinical trials;
- to provide you with other information related to our services;
- to improve our services;
- to establish and maintain a database of potential candidates willing to participate in clinical trials;
- meeting any legal and regulatory requirements we are subject to, or may be imposed upon Linear;
- taking required action where we suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and
- to improve the operation, administration, development or enhancement of this website.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Where the Privacy Act permits it, Linear may disclose the personal information of current or potential participants in clinical trials, sponsors (or potential sponsors), donors and other parties to third parties. Third parties that we may disclose your personal information to include:
- potential clinical trial participants who meet the criteria of eligible candidate for your clinical trial (for sponsors or potential sponsors)
- sponsors of clinical trials in accordance with your consent, or for which you have generally or specifically registered (for current or potential clinical trial participants);
- entities providing services to Linear including legal services, financial services, data providers, storage services and mailing houses;
- government regulatory bodies in Australia and overseas;
- third parties you authorise to act on your behalf or that are otherwise connected with you (such as your legal representative or other authorised agent or attorney); and law enforcement agencies.
Security of Information
Linear places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our website. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user’s personal information, Linear cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its website, and users do so at their own risk. Once Linear receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
Your Acceptance of these Terms